Re: Review of Row Level Security - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Review of Row Level Security
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 21 December 2012 14:19, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:56 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> It's unreasonable for people to demand a feature yet provide no
>> guidance to the person trying (hard) to provide that feature in a
>> sensible way.
>
> You've got it backwards.  All the issues that are being discussed now
> on this thread have been discussed previously on prior threads about
> row-level security.  For the most part, nobody other than KaiGai and I
> participated in those, and we had a consensus hammered out that was
> reflected in the patch that started this thread.  The person insisting
> on an eleventh-hour design change is you.

Forwards or backwards, the problems of that previous design still
exist and need some attention before we can commit.

If you can spend some time investigating the problems and documenting
how it works in that mode, it would be a great help for this patch.