Re: Lost data Folder, but have WAL files--- How to recover the database ?? Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Lost data Folder, but have WAL files--- How to recover the database ?? Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:38 AM, chinnaobi <chinnaobi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Recently i was doing streaming replication, I lost the data folder on both
> the servers and left with WAL archives (some how).
>
> Can any one tell me how to recover database with WAL archives.
>
> Thanks in advance.

There are no standard tools to help in those situations, but my
company has performed many difficult recoveries where the database has
been partially or severely damaged; references are available. Partial
or full data recovery is often possible but obviously there is a cost
and I respect community members who choose not to take that route.