Re: BUG #10675: alter database set tablespace and unlogged table - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: BUG #10675: alter database set tablespace and unlogged table
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 16 October 2014 10:00, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>> The bug lies in the default behaviour, which we must fix.
>
> But the bug is unrelated to manual checkpoints. So I don't think this is
> really related.

Yes, agreed; I was just thinking that myself.

We need to decouple the bug fix from any behaviour change of the
CHECKPOINT command, so v3 is not the right thing for backpatching.

We may choose to do v3 for later releases, but there does seem to be a
case to retain the current behaviour in some form as well.