Re: Sponsorship Page Country - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Sponsorship Page Country
Date
List pgsql-www
On 14 January 2013 17:58, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> My understanding of why this information is provided at all would be, if
>> I had to guess, to show that we're talking about a worldwide project.
>
> This is precisely the reason why that column is there -- it's to show
> that the PostgreSQL project has international support.  It's not aimed
> at advertising a company's service area; if people want that, they can
> click on the logos, or use the Professional Services search.

So in order to show we have international support, we list only a few
of the countries that we operate in? Huh.

> The Sponsors page is also quite clear that only the HQ country of each
> company is listed.  Nobody thinks that Red Hat or Google is only in the
> USA; your worry that people will think that 2Q is UK-only on that basis
> is quite unfounded.

I guess if it's not there for actual information purposes, then it
would be OK to remove it?

As you say, if people did want to find out "service areas" they can
look up the info elsewhere.