Re: new heapcheck contrib module - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: new heapcheck contrib module
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 12:30 PM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Do you think it would make sense to have the amcheck contrib module have, in addition to the SQL queriable functions,
abgworker based mode that periodically checks your database?  The work along those lines is not included in v4, but if
itwere part of v5, would you have specific design preferences?

-1 on that idea from me. That sounds like it's basically building
"cron" into PostgreSQL, but in a way that can only be used by amcheck.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company