Re: [GENERAL] Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 11:17 AM, David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
>> And does everybody agree that this is a desirable change?
>
> Adding the title is desirable.  While I'm inclined to bike-shed this
> anything that gets it in I can live with and so I'm content letting the
> author/committer decide where exactly things (including whitespace) appear.
>
> It is a bit odd that the "Watch every %s...." gets centered if the result is
> wide but that the title remains left-aligned.

Well, the title isn't normally centered, but yeah, that is odd.  Yeah,
that is odd.  Come to think of it, I think I might have expected the
title to appear *above* "Watch every %s", not below it.  That might
decrease the oddness.

As for letting the committer decide, I don't care about this
personally at all, so I'm only looking at it to be nice to the people
who do.  Whatever is the consensus is OK with me.  I just don't want
to get yelled at later for committing something here, so it would be
nice to see a few votes for whatever we're gonna do here.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company