Re: Slow tab completion w/ lots of tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Slow tab completion w/ lots of tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> In short, I think we might be able to make this fast, and more usable,
> just with hacking on psql's query generation rules.  There's no need for
> server-side changes.

So, I think that hacking on psql's query generation rules may well be
a good idea, but shouldn't we also be bumping procost for the
pg_whatever_is_visible functions?  I mean, Stephen's information
suggests that those values are pretty clearly wrong, regardless of
anything else.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company