Re: increasing the default WAL segment size - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: increasing the default WAL segment size
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 4:45 AM, Eduardo Morras <emorrasg@yahoo.es> wrote:
> From my ignorance, could block size affect this WAL size increase?
>
> In past (didn't tried with >9 versions) you can change disk block page size from 8KB to 16 KB or 32KB (or 4) modifing
src/include/pg_config.hBLCKSZ 8192 and recompiling. (There are some mails in 1999-2002 about this topic)

Yeah, I think that's still supposed to work although I don't know
whether anyone has tried it lately.  It is a separate topic from this
issue, though.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company