Re: pgsql: Introduce replication slots. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: pgsql: Introduce replication slots.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> On 6 February 2014 10:29, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Hi Fujii,
>>
>> On 2014-02-01 16:47:47 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> > This patch changed basebackup.c so that it skips pg_replslot. It's OK
>> > to skip all files in that directory, but an empty pg_replslot must be
>> > included in the backup. Otherwise we cannot start PostgreSQL from
>> > the backup taken via pg_basebackup. Attached patch fixes this problem.
>>
>> Do you plan to commit this patch? It's clearly an improvement over the
>> current situation...
>
> Yeah, this is still an annoyance.

Since Fujii Masao doesn't seem to be around, I'll commit this.  But
don't we need to update the documentation as well, for those using the
file-copy method of taking a backup?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company