Re: option for psql - short list non template database - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: option for psql - short list non template database
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 12:21 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> terrible often I use pattern
>
>  psql -c "select datname from pg_database where not datistemplate and
> datallowconn" postgres
>
> What about introduction new long option that does it?
>
> psql -At -list --names --without-templates

I think you should just put an alias in your .bashrc file.  If we add
everyone's favorite shortcuts to every tool, we will end up with an
unsupportable number of features that are each of interest to only a
very few people.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company