Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.
Date
Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 5:45 PM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> Add new predefined role pg_maintenance, which can issue VACUUM,
> ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.

Just as a sort of general comment on this endeavor, I suspect that any
attempt to lump things together that seem closely related is doomed to
backfire. There's bound to be somebody who wants to grant some of
these permissions and not others, or who wants to grant the ability to
run those commands on some tables but not others. That's kind of
unfortunate because it makes it more complicated to implement stuff
like this ... but I've more or less given up hope on getting away with
anything else.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com