Re: [HACKERS] Parallel Index Scans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Parallel Index Scans
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 6:33 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Michael Banck <michael.banck@credativ.de> wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> Thanks a lot!  I think this is a big step forward for parallelism in
>>> PostgreSQL.  Now, we have another way to drive parallel scans and I
>>> hope many more queries can use parallelism.
>>
>> Shouldn't the chapter 15.3 "Parallel Plans" in the documentation be
>> updated for this as well, or is this going to be taken care as a batch
>> at the ned of the development cycle, pending other added parallization
>> features?
>>

> Robert mentioned up thread that it is better to update it once at end
> rather than with each feature.

I was going to do it after index and index-only scans and parallel
bitmap heap scan were committed, but I've been holding off on
committing parallel bitmap heap scan waiting for Andres to fix the
simplehash regressions, so maybe I should just go do an update now and
another one later once that goes in.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company