Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold < - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Well, I'm less likely to write a patch when there's no chance that it's
> going to be applied. Which the rest of the thread sounds like...

I hope somebody writes it at some point, because we surely want to fix
this for 9.7.  However, I agree that there seems to be a tangible lack
of enthusiasm for doing anything about it right now.  I'm slightly
surprised by that, but that's OK: I just work here.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company