Re: drop src/backend/port/darwin/system.c ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: drop src/backend/port/darwin/system.c ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> /* only needed in OS X 10.1 and possibly early 10.2 releases */
>> Maybe it's time to let it go?
>
> One part of me says it's not hurting anything, but another part
> says that if it were broken we wouldn't know.  And it looks like
> we can drop that whole subdirectory if we kill it, so let's.

I've discovered that when I build the source tree with coverage
enabled, the fact that that directory ends up containing a .o file
with no code in it breaks things.  This is no doubt a bug in some part
of the code coverage toolchain, but all the same I'll be happy if that
file can go away.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company