Re: Moving more work outside WALInsertLock - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Moving more work outside WALInsertLock
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 3:15 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> On 23.12.2011 10:13, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> So, here's a WIP patch of what I've been working on.
>
> And here's the patch I forgot to attach..

Fails regression tests for me.  I found this in postmaster.log:

PANIC:  could not find WAL buffer for 0/2ECA438STATEMENT:  ANALYZE onek2;
LOG:  stuck waiting upto 0/3000000
LOG:  server process (PID 34529) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted
DETAIL:  Failed process was running: ANALYZE onek2;

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company