Re: less log level for success dynamic background workers for 9.5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: less log level for success dynamic background workers for 9.5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 8:19 PM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
> On 6/14/15 12:25 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>> I am working on scheduler extension for 9.5. It use bgworkers
>> intensively for any task. This is reason, why I need to decrease a log
>> level - and I am thinking so parallel computing needs it due high number
>> of created and finished workers.
>>
>> It should be fixed in 9.5 - because it is limiting factor for bgworkers
>> usage in 9.5.
>

> Anything ever happen with this? I agree that LOG is to high for reporting
> most (if not all) of these things.

I think we should consider having a flag for this behavior rather than
changing the behavior across the board.

But then again, maybe we should just change it.

What do others think?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company