Re: Path to unreverting "Allow planner to use Merge Append to efficiently implement UNION" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Path to unreverting "Allow planner to use Merge Append to efficiently implement UNION"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 21, 2024 at 8:44 AM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for having a look.  I was planning to have the commit message
> as per attached. I'd only split the patch for ease of review per
> request of Tom. I should have mentioned that here.
>
> I would adjust the exact wording in the final paragraph as required
> depending on what plan materialises.
>
> This also fixes up the comment stuff that Heikki mentioned.

The consensus on pgsql-release was to unrevert this patch and commit
the fix now, rather than waiting for the next beta. However, the
consensus was also to push the un-revert as a separate commit from the
bug fix, rather than together as suggested by Álvaro. Since time is
short due to the impending release and it's very late where you are,
I've taken care of this. Hope that's OK.

Thanks,

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com