Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 9:24 PM Craig Ringer
<craig.ringer@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I know lots of this stuff can seem like a pointless sidetrack because the utility of it is not obvious on dev systems
orwhen you're doing your own hands-on expert support on systems you own and operate yourself. These sorts of things
reallyonly start to make sense when you're touching many different postgres systems "in the wild" - such as commercial
supportservices, helping people on -general, -bugs or stackoverflow, etc.

> I really appreciate your help with it.

Big +1 for all that from me, too.

--
Robert Haas