Re: Should pg_dumpall dump ALTER SYSTEM settings? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Should pg_dumpall dump ALTER SYSTEM settings?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 2:26 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thoughts?

I'm a little bit skeptical about this proposal, mostly because it
seems like it has the end result that values that are configured in
postgresql.conf and postgresql.auto.conf end up being handled
differently: one file has to be copied by hand, while the other file's
contents are propagated forward to the new version by pg_dump. I don't
think that's what people are going to be expecting...

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com