Re: Teach pg_receivewal to use lz4 compression - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Teach pg_receivewal to use lz4 compression
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 10:47 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> Indeed.  My rebase was a bit sloppy here.

Hi!

Over in http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoYUDEJga2qV_XbAZ=pGEBaOsgFmzZ6Ac4_sRwOm_+UeHA@mail.gmail.com
I was noticing that CreateWalTarMethod doesn't support LZ4
compression. It would be nice if it did. I thought maybe the patch on
this thread would fix that, but I think maybe it doesn't, because it
looks like that's touching the WalDirectoryMethod part of that file,
rather than the WalTarMethod part. Is that correct? And, on a related
note, Michael, do you plan to get something committed here?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com