Re: [HACKERS] pg_shmem_allocations view - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_shmem_allocations view
Date
Re: [HACKERS] pg_shmem_allocations view  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 7:01 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Here's a rebased version.  I remember why I didn't call the column
> "offset" (as Michael complained about upthread), it's a keyword...

This never got applied, and that annoyed me again today, so here's a
new version that I've whacked around somewhat and propose to commit. I
ripped out the stuff pertaining to dynamic shared memory segments,
both because I think it might need some more thought and discussion,
and because the part the pertains to the main shared memory segment is
the part I keep wishing we had. We can add that other part later if
we're all agreed on it, but let's go ahead and add this part now.

Other things I changed:
- Doc edits.
- Added REVOKE statements as proposed by Michael (and I agree).
- Can't patch pg_proc.h any more, gotta patch pg_proc.dat.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment