Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 3:34 AM, Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:
> The attached patch allows FDW driver to handle EPQ recheck by its own
> preferable way, even if it is alternative local join or ExecQual to
> the expression being pushed down.

Thanks.  I was all set to commit this, or at least part of it, when I
noticed that we already have an FDW callback called RefetchForeignRow.
We seem to be intending that this new callback should refetch the row
from the foreign server and verify that any pushed-down quals apply to
it.  But why can't RefetchForeignRow do that?  That seems to be what
it's for.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company