Re: Fwd: Re: Elein, question regarding PostgreSQL Global Development. - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: Elein, question regarding PostgreSQL Global Development.
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 12:09 PM Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
> ... on the other hand, it's kind of hard to take a place calling
> themselves
> "tech leaders" seriously, when their website is HTTP only. :/

Yeah, I doubt that this is an organization that is of any real
importance. If I Google for "bay area tech leaders," no links to
BayAreaTechLeaders.org come up in the first four pages of search
results. If I search for "BayAreaTechLeaders" without spaces, the
first references show up on the third page of search results ... and
that's just basically people who know there is a DNS record for that
domain. To actually get the web site BayAreaTechLeaders.org to come
up, I have to search for "BayAreaTechLeaders.org." And even doing
that, there's no sign of anybody else talking about this web site. I
just get the website itself, a webrate.org link talking about how much
traffic they think it gets, and then stuff that has nothing to do with
this organization.

Maybe someday this will be an important organization for us to make
contacts with, but I think that today is not that day.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com