Re: [HACKERS] 2017-03 Commitfest In Progress - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 2017-03 Commitfest In Progress
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 3:43 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Fix the optimization to skip WAL-logging on table created in the same
>> transaction (originally submitted to CommitFest 2016-03)
>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/13/528/
>> Michael perhaps-unwisely set the committer on this one to Heikki,
>> which led me and perhaps other committers to think he was going to
>> take care of it. But he may not have intended to do that; it's best to
>> let committers claim patches for themselves rather than assign them.
>> That having been said, I think it's bad when a known data-corrupting
>> bug goes unfixed for a year and a half
>
> FWIW, at the end of the thread Heikki has mentioned that he would move
> those patches forward to commit, so setting him as the owner looked
> quite adapted at this time.

Ah, OK.  So I'd say your action was justified, then, but in light of
the amount of time that's gone by, I think we might need to find
another vi^Holunteer.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company