Re: Inconsistency in reporting checkpointer stats - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Inconsistency in reporting checkpointer stats
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 8:03 AM Nitin Jadhav
<nitinjadhavpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Robert for sharing your thoughts.
> My first thought was to just remove counting SLRU buffers, then after
> some more analysis, I found that the checkpointer is responsible for
> including both regular data buffers and SLRU buffers.

I know that, but what the checkpointer handles and what ought to be
included in the stats are two separate questions.

I think that the SLRU information is potentially useful, but mixing it
with the information about regular buffers just seems confusing.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com