Re: is the base backup protocol used by out-of-core tools? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: is the base backup protocol used by out-of-core tools?
Date
Re: is the base backup protocol used by out-of-core tools?  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 3:14 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for pining.  AFAICS, as you see, pg_rman doesn't talk
> basebackup protocol (nor even pg_basebackup command) as it supports
> inremental backup.  So there's no issue about the removal of old
> syntax on our side.

Cool. Since the verdict here seems pretty unanimous and we've heard
from a good number of backup tool authors, I'll give this another day
or so and then commit, unless objections emerge before then.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com