Re: Is it time to kill support for very old servers? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Is it time to kill support for very old servers?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> On 10/11/2016 08:23 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Not sure where to go from here, but the idea of dropping V2 support
>> is seeming attractive again.  Or we could just continue the policy
>> of benign neglect.
>
> Let's drop it.

I agree.  The evidence in Tom's latest email suggests that getting
this to a point where it can be tested will be more work than
anybody's likely to want to put in, and the return on investment
doesn't seem likely to be good.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company