Re: Removing pg_pltemplate and creating "trustable" extensions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Removing pg_pltemplate and creating "trustable" extensions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 3:29 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> I get that you want to push forward with making this part of the DB
> owner, and I said up-thread that I'd be able to live with that, but I
> still don't understand what the argument is against making it part of
> CREATE instead.

It's a change from the status quo. If we're going to how it works, we
should try to agree on how it ought to work. Tom's proposal dodges
that by leaving things exactly as they are, deferring any actual
modifications to who can do what to a future patch.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company