Re: Uh, I change my mind about commit_delay + commit_siblings (sort of) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Uh, I change my mind about commit_delay + commit_siblings (sort of)
Date
Re: Uh, I change my mind about commit_delay + commit_siblings (sort of)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> You think it will confuse users less if we start telling them to use
> something that we have a very long history of telling them not to use?

I don't buy this line of reasoning at all.  If we're going to rename
the GUC, it should be for accuracy, not PR value.  If we start
renaming something every time we improve it, we're going to go nuts.
We improved lots of things in 9.2; they didn't all get renamed.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company