Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Catalin Iacob <iacobcatalin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> For the most part, the cleanups in this version are just cosmetic: I
>> fixed some whitespace damage, and reverted some needless changes to
>> the psql references page that were whitespace-only adjustments.  In a
>> few places, I tweaked documentation or comment language.
>
> Sorry for the docs whitespace-only changes, I did that.
>
> I realized before the submission I made the diff bigger than it needed
> to be, but that's because I used M-q in Emacs to break the lines I did
> change and that reformatted the whole paragraph including some
> unchanged lines. Breaking all the lines by hand would be quite a job,
> and any time you go back and tweak the wording or so you need to do it
> again. So I just used M-q and sent the result of that.
> Do you happen to know of a better way to do this?

No.  I always redo the indentation by hand and then look at the diff
afterwards to see if there's anything I can strip out.

I also use vim rather than emacs, except when my hand is steady enough
for the magnetized needle approach.[1]

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company