Re: fortnight interval support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: fortnight interval support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 6:40 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 2:31 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>> (WRT the reference to Jane Austen and "Se'ennight" for "week", it occurs
>>> to me that fortnight is a similar contraction for "forteen night".)
>>
>> Well, clearly we also need enquië for the elves of Arda and tenday for
>> for Faerûnians.  Seems like a serious oversight, though making enquië
>> work in non-Unicode locales might be tricky.
>
> You are forgetting Klingon, parseltongue, dwarfic and the one of
> Mordor. It's not worth angering them as well. But I'll stop here.

I'm not aware that any of those have weeks of some duration other than
7 days, but the lack of support for the Klingon calendar in general is
indeed troubling.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company