timing for 9.1beta4 / rc1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject timing for 9.1beta4 / rc1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
All,

9.1beta3 was tagged on July 7th and announced July 12th.  In the
interest of avoiding institutional inertia, should we try to set a
tentative date for a next beta or, if we don't end up fixing too many
bugs in the meanwhile, perhaps a release candidate?

Obviously we want to give people some time to shake out bugs in beta3,
but I think it would be good to get our next 9.1 release (whatever it
ends up being named) out the door sometime in August, and we'll be
more likely to actually do that if we pick a date to shoot for.

On a related note,
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.1_Open_Items is looking
pretty barren at the moment.  Are there things that should be listed
there?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company