Re: WIP: Access method extendability - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: WIP: Access method extendability
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> To me this is a pretty independent issue.

I quite agree.  As Stephen was at pains to remind me last night on
another thread, we cannot force people to write the patches we think
they should write.  They get to pursue what they think the priorities
are, not what anyone else thinks they are.  Of course we can and
should block patches that we think are a bad idea, or that are
badly-designed or badly-implemented for what they are, but we cannot
and should not block someone who feels that the first priority is A
just because we think it is B or C.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company