Re: Patch review for logging hooks (CF 2012-01) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Patch review for logging hooks (CF 2012-01)
Date
Re: Patch review for logging hooks (CF 2012-01)  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 2:47 AM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> The updated patch looks good, marking as 'Ready for Committer'
>
> Patches without documentation are never ready for commit.  For this one, I'm
> not sure if that should be in the form of a reference example in contrib, or
> just something that documents that the hook exists and what the ground rules
> are for grabbing it.

Hooks are frequently not documented, and we only sometimes even bother
to include an example in contrib.  We should probably at least have a
working example for testing purposes, though, whether or not we end up
committing it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company