Re: Missing comment block at the top of streamutil.h and receivelog.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Missing comment block at the top of streamutil.h and receivelog.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> As mentioned in $subject, the header files in src/bin/pg_basebackup do
> not have a comment block at the top and do not have any copyright
> text.
> Any reason for that? Shouldn't we have something for consistency with
> the other files like in the patch attached?

Probably that's a good idea, but do we really need Author: tags?  I
know we have those in a few places, but certainly not everywhere, and
as time goes by they tend to be less accurate reflections of who wrote
the latest code (as opposed to the original code).  Furthermore, every
time we include them, it tends to increase the demand to add even more
of them because, hey, everybody likes to be acknowledged.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company