Re: buildfarm failures on smew and anole - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: buildfarm failures on smew and anole
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2013-10-16 09:35:46 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Gah.  I fixed one instance of that problem in test_config_settings(),
>> but missed the other.
>
> Maybe it'd be better to default to none, just as max_connections
> defaults to 1 and shared_buffers to 16? As we write out the value in the
> config file, everything should still continue to work.

Hmm, possibly.  But how would we document that?  It seems strange to
say that the default is none, but the actual setting probably won't be
none on your system because we hack up postgresql.conf.
shared_buffers pretty much just glosses over the distinction between
"default" and "what you probably have configured", but I'm not sure
that's actually great policy.

Trivial fixed pushed, for now.

--
Robert Haas