Re: [DOCS] Contrib module "xml2" status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [DOCS] Contrib module "xml2" status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Ian Lawrence Barwick
<barwick@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is a documentation or hackers issue, but the
> documentation page for contrib module "xml2" refers to PostgreSQL 8.4 in the
> future tense:
>
>    "It is planned that this module will be removed in PostgreSQL 8.4 in
> favor of the newer standard API"
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/xml2.html
>
> Are there any plans to remove this module by a forseeable date?

Nope.  I have repeatedly been voted down on removing it, and I've also
been repeatedly voted down on removing the deprecation text.  Could we
at least agree on changing the deprecation text to say "This module is
deprecated and may be removed in a future release"?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company