Re: More work on SortSupport for text - strcoll() and strxfrm() caching - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: More work on SortSupport for text - strcoll() and strxfrm() caching
Date
Re: More work on SortSupport for text - strcoll() and strxfrm() caching  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Reviewing 0001, I'm happy to see us add bswap64, but I'm not sure we
>> should put it in c.h, because that's included by absolutely
>> everything.  How about putting it in a new #include inside src/port,
>> like src/port/pg_bswap.h?  Then pg_crc.h can include that, but other
>> things can, too.
>
> I guess I imagined that bswap64() was fundamental infrastructure, but
> on second thought that's not actually in evidence -- it is not already
> needed in plenty of other places. So yeah, works for me.

If you would care to revise the patch accordingly, I will commit it
(barring objections from others, of course).

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company