Re: [HACKERS] Changing references of password encryption to hashing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Changing references of password encryption to hashing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 4:48 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> So I'm in favour of fixing the docs but I'm not keen on changing the
> SQL syntax in a way that just kind of papers over part of the
> problems.

I agree.  I think that trying to design new SQL syntax at this point
is unlikely to be a good idea - we're just about out of time here, and
some people who might care about this are busy on other things, and
the deadline for patches that do new things has long since passed.
But I like the idea of trying to improve the documentation.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company