Re: Non-superuser subscription owners - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 1:41 PM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> Even if my changes don't happen, I would find it less confusing and
> more likely that users understand what they're doing.

I respectfully but firmly disagree. I think having two predefined
roles that are both required to create a subscription and neither of
which allows you to do anything other than create a subscription is
intrinsically confusing. I'm not willing to commit a patch that works
like that, and I will object if someone else wants to do so.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com