Re: BUG #6195: Cannot install any of the installers - TEMP or VC++ Errors - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: BUG #6195: Cannot install any of the installers - TEMP or VC++ Errors
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Pradeep D
<pradeep.dharmavarapu@live.com> wrote:

> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A06195
> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Pradeep D
> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0pradeep.dharmavarapu@live.com
> PostgreSQL version: all
> Operating system: =A0 Windows 7 64 bit SP1
r VC++
> Errors
> Details:
>
> I keep getting these errors -
> 1. Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path
> 2. An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtime installer
>
> The first message is with 9.x installer version and the second is with 8.x
> versions.
>
> I am the admin on my machine.
>
> I also have Windows Scripting active and also disable my antivirus and
> firewall while installing these packages.
>
> Please help with any instructions to fix this issue.

What's your TEMP path set to?  Can you write to that directory?  Did
the installer leave behind a log file anywhere?

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company