Re: set autovacuum=off - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: set autovacuum=off
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Alessandro Gagliardi
<alessandro@path.com> wrote:
> I'm unable to make sense of pg_locks. The vast majority are
> locktype='transactionid', mode='ExclusiveLock', granted=t. There are some
> 'relation' locks with mode='RowExclusiveLock' and fewer with
> 'AccessShareLock'. I have no idea what I should be looking for here.

If you have lock contention, you'll see locks with granted='f', at
least from time to time.  Those are the ones you want to worry about.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company