Re: TPC-H Q20 from 1 hour to 19 hours! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: TPC-H Q20 from 1 hour to 19 hours!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 7:53 AM, Rafia Sabih
<rafia.sabih@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> So, it looks like in the problematic area, it is not improving much.
> Please find the attached file for the query plan of Q20 with and
> without patch. I haven't evaluated the performance of this query with
> patch.

Yeah, I don't think this patch is fixing whatever is going wrong with
Q20.  It's just a problem Tomas found while investigating that issue.
Unfortunately, I don't think we know what's really going on here yet.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company