Re: [HACKERS] Deadlock in XLogInsert at AIX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Deadlock in XLogInsert at AIX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 4:23 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> If nobody is willing to put in the effort to keep AIX supported under
>> XLC, then we should just update the documentation to say that it isn't
>> supported.  Our support for that platform is pretty marginal anyway if
>> we're only supporting it up through 6.1; that was released in 2007 and
>> went out of support in Q2 of last year.
>
> Huh?  We have somebody just upthread saying that they're working out
> issues on newer AIX.  We should at least give them time to finish
> that research before making any decisions.

Well, I certainly have no problem with that in theory.  That's why my
sentence started with the word "if".

On a practical level, this thread has been dead for almost a year, and
has revived slightly because Michael bumped it, but nobody has really
made a firm commitment to do any specific thing to move this issue
forward.  I'm happy if they do, but it might not happen.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company