Re: Checking for missing heap/index files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Checking for missing heap/index files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 5:44 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> My concern about that is that it implies touching a whole lot of
> places, and if you miss even one then you've lost whatever guarantee
> you thought you were getting.  More, there's no easy way to find
> all the relevant places (some will be in extensions, no doubt).

*scratches head*

I must be missing something. It seems to me that it requires touching
exactly the same set of places as your idea. And it also seems to me
like it's not that many places. Am I being really dumb here?

It's still somewhat unclear to me whether we should be doing anything
at all here.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com