Re: increasing the default WAL segment size - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: increasing the default WAL segment size
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 12:35 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> FWIW, I'm also doubtful that investing time into making this initdb
> configurable is a good use of time: The number of users that'll adjust
> initdb time parameters is going to be fairly small.

I have to admit that I was skeptical about the idea of doing anything
about this at all the first few times it came up.  16MB ought to be
good enough for anyone!  However, the time between beatings has now
gotten short enough that the bruises don't have time to heal before
the next beating arrives from a completely different customer.  I try
not to hold my views so firmly as to be impervious to contrary
evidence.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company