Re: 9.6 -> 10.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: 9.6 -> 10.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Josh berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> 1. Should we promote pglogical in the beta as something to *test*?

No.  But the reason depends on the answer to this question: Is
pglogical a core submission or a third-party product?

If it's the former, then getting people to test such things is the
purpose of a CommitFest, not a beta announcement, and in fact it did
get tested and reviewed as part of the CommitFest just like many other
patches which were also submitted, except that it got more enthusiasm
than many until it became clear that no updates in response to review
comments would be forthcoming.

If it's the latter, then we don't promote third-party products in beta
announcements; 2ndQuadrant can make their own announcements about
pglogical in accordance with
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval just like anyone
else.

--