Re: [HACKERS] Re: new high availability feature for the system withboth asynchronous and synchronous replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: new high availability feature for the system withboth asynchronous and synchronous replication
Date
In response to [HACKERS] Re: new high availability feature for the system with bothasynchronous and synchronous replication  ("Higuchi, Daisuke" <higuchi.daisuke@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Responses Re: [HACKERS] Re: new high availability feature for the system withboth asynchronous and synchronous replication  ("Higuchi, Daisuke" <higuchi.daisuke@jp.fujitsu.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Higuchi, Daisuke
<higuchi.daisuke@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> I create POC patch for my proposal of new feature for high availability.
> I want to discuss about this feature. But this feature might be PG11
> because discussion is not enough.
>
> This patch enables walsender for async to wait until walsender for sync confirm
> WAL is flashed to Disk. This feature is activated when GUC parameter
> "async_walsender_delay" is set on.

So this new option makes asynchronous replication synchronous?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company