Re: [HACKERS] Cutting initdb's runtime (Perl question embedded) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Cutting initdb's runtime (Perl question embedded)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> In Debian systems, it's a symlink.  Apparently in RHEL6 and older it's a
> copy or hardlink, and the file /etc/sysconfig/clock contains a ZONE
> variable that points to the right zone.  Maybe if we add enough
> platform-dependent hacks, we would use the slow fallback only for rare
> cases.  (Maybe have initdb emit a warning when the fallback is used, so
> that we know what else to look for.)

I just checked a couple of RHEL7 systems and it seems to be a symlink
there.  It's also a symlink on my laptop (macOS 10.13.3).

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company