Re: Cannot see the start server Icon - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Cannot see the start server Icon
Date
List pgadmin-support

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 6:45 AM, <Mamatha_Kagathi_Chan@dell.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am new to Postgresql. I have installed Postgres Plus Standard Server 9.0 on Windows Vista. Installation was successful, but I am not able to see the Start and Stop Server Icon in the start menu.

There aren't any - services should be started and stopped in the service manager, as you're doing.

When I am trying to start the service on service manager I get the following error.

Please help.

Are there any messages from Postgres in the Windows event log, or in the pg_log directory under the data directory?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company